Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
I spent all week coming up with my list of bloggers to give the award to & it was not easy.
#1 is my friend & stitching sister Theresa at http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/. She is the most fearless stitcher I know.
# 2 is my friend & stitching sister Mary at http://mivancicts.blogspot.com/. She is the strongest woman I know and a great inspiration.
#3 is my friend Judith at http://judiromi.blogspot.com/. She is the one I blame for my obsession with HAED. I watched her stitching Little Red Riding Hood & the rest is history as they say.
#4 is my friend Annette at http://seaqsiderstitcher.blogspot.com/ who stitches the most awesome projects.
#5 is my friend Val at http://talesfromastitchingwitch.blogspot.com/ who not only stitches beautifully but also makes awesome jewelry.
Now for 5 things about me.
1. I have been married to the same man for 37 years & haven't killed him yet.
2. I am a senior customer service rep & account manager for a global chemical company.
3. I was born & raised in Montana
4. I love all kinds of tea
5. My oldest daughter Shannon was handicapped & passed away when she was 16.
Whew. Got this far this time.
I know I'm late for TUSAL but as I only update on Sunday so be it. As you can see I am back to singing the blues (see a previous post) but this time it is not bothering me as much.
I made great progress on TUIAJ this past week 1330 stitches. Only one more week on it as next Sunday I will be starting Village Bookstore by Randal Spangler as a SAL on one of my groups in support of HAED. I will probably do a week on VB and the either switch back to TUIAJ or pull out another one of my sadly neglected rotation. They are starting to whisper so maybe I will give them all a turn before they start really yelling.
It is cold 45F & rainy here in MA today. Last week we were in the high 80's. Can we say everyone will be sick this week?
Last but now least is new stash. I got the last HAED that I ordered during the 50% off sale & then I picked up 3 charts at my Friday stitch group.
Well I've made it this far so I better not push my luck. Here are all the pics.