HAED Rotation

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

AND WE HAVE A NEW START

 I know I know the last thing I need is a new start but this one is different. Yes it is full coverage (HAED) and will take forever but I just had to start it. It was just meant to be. This is the story behind this start.

HAED was having a 50% off sale so of course I had to see if Randal Spangler had anything new. As I was scrolling down the artist page the cover photo for this artist caught my eye. I really thought I had not seen any of his work before. His name is Jeff Haynie and he does wonder cat art. The chart that caught my eye was this one.











That face. Of course it is a face I see everyday as it looks just like my grand-kitty Gomez.









I immediately bought the pattern and found that I had the fabric and the floss to start it.

I started it on 11/7/2021. This was the first days progress.











I continued with it on 11/8/2021 and this is my progress then











I like the fact that this background is not all confetti stitching like some of the full coverage pieces I have going. Lots more of this color to go. 

I plan on alternating this with The Universe in a Jar so will work on it every other day. 

Both pieces are for my youngest daughter who is also Gomez's mom.


2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful design, you've made a great start too, I've never plucked up the courage to do a full coverage one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The resemblance of the cross-stitch and your grand-kitty is amazing. You have already made some great progress. I look forward to seeing updates on both of these projects in the future.

    ReplyDelete